HUD NOTICE 13-06: XII. SECURITY OF EIV DATA
F. Security Training
EIV users are required to complete online security training annually. To meet this requirement, EIV users must complete the online Federal ISS Awareness training program. At the end of the training, EIV users must print and maintain the Certificate of Completion provided.
To complete online Security Awareness Training:
- Open your web browser.
- Type http://iase.disa.mil/eta/index.html#onlinetraining
- Press Enter.
- Click on CyberAwareness Challenge (for DoD and Federal Personnel) icon on the IA Education, Training and Awareness Screen.
- Launch CyberAwareness Challenge Federal Version
- Proceed with the training.
- When the training is complete, print and maintain the Certificate of Completion.
Note: The Security Awareness Training described above is the same training required for those individuals who transmit TRACS files. If the training has been completed to satisfy TRACS security training requirements, this will satisfy EIV security training requirements as well so long as the completion date represented on the Certificate of Completion is not older than one year.
2. EIV users authorized by owners to have access to the EIV system on their behalf must also complete the applicable online Security Awareness Training Questionnaire for Multifamily Housing Programs upon initial access to the system and annually thereafter.
3. EIV users should:
a. Review Section 4 on Security contained in the Multifamily EIV User Manual for Multifamily Housing Program Users posted at: http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/mfh/rhiip/eiv/usermanual.pdf,
b. Review the EIV Security Administration Manal posted at:
c. View the Security training provided during the most recent EIV webcast, posted at: http://www.hud.gov/webcasts/archives/multifamily.cfm, and
4. O/A staff who do not have access to the EIV system but who use EIV reports to perform their job function must have security training annually as described in this section.